Sunday, January 12, 2014

Admitida!

Sevilla, Spain, 2008


Admitida: Application complete, application has been processed and has all required
hard copy documents, eligible for assignment.

After a few nerve-wracking weeks and a few lost documents, I FINALLY received my "admitida" status! Granted, this doesn't mean I am 100% going, but it's a pretty good shot since I am one of the lower numbers in line.

The Consulate General of Spain, Jesús Alvarez González, and I have become pretty good friends these past few days. I have been pestering him via email about my documents, and it seems like he has taken quite a liking to me.

Last week, he asked me if Matt (my boyfriend who is also doing the same program) and I wanted to be placed in the same area. We didn't put down the same places for our top choices when we applied, and had pretty much resigned ourselves to the fact that we'd be taking a lot of trips to see each other during our time in Spain. However, since I kind of like my boyfriend, I was quick to take Jesús up on his offer. He also asked where we would like to be placed, which was pretty awesome of him.

So it looks like come September, we will be somewhere in the Basque Country, País Vasco, which is arguably one of the most beautiful parts of Spain.


Glad to be done with this step of the process, I have to say I was getting pretty nervous with the deadline coming up!

Stay posted for more!

originally posted 3.23.2010

No comments:

Post a Comment