Sunday, January 12, 2014

Spain Please?

I can officially see the end to this looooooong process-or the beginning, you might say. As of today, I have exactly 1 month left at work (YAY) and 35 days until my flight departs Chicago for Bilbao. Now that the countdown is more feasible, it feels like this is actually happening.

On the downside, since I'm leaving relatively soon, I've already begun to say some goodbyes to friends that I won't see until I get back. Did I mention I HATE saying goodbye? Obviously, a lot of people hate goodbyes, but I would much rather just not make a big deal about them. But still, it's a bit sad to think that I really don't know when I'll see some of my closest friends for (at least) a year.

But I'm so ready to go. I need a change, and pronto. Things are becoming too routine, and this makes me a little antsy. Going to work every day, watching the same things on tv every night, eating the same food, seeing the same sights...the complacency is slowly killing me. I'm ready to see new things, meet new people, and not feel so comfortable with my life.

And thank goodness things are falling into place! My visa is ready (after a paranoid feeling that some unreturned library books in Valladolid may come back and haunt me), found a possible roommate, and am getting my packing list narrowed down (not an easy task for a girl with over 20 pairs of jeans).

I have a feeling once we go pick up our visas at the end of August, time is just going to fly by...and I'm perfectly ok with that!

originally published 8.16.2010

No comments:

Post a Comment