Saturday, January 25, 2014

Clases Particulares

As any Auxiliar de Conversación knows, that 700 Euro/month stipend does nothing more than pay your rent and get you bread and lentil soup. After ruling out busking and painting myself in silver paint and standing on Grand Via for eight hours a day, I decided to go the easy route and teach English classes on the side. 

I didn't really do much to find these classes, they kinda just fell in my lap, via school or different auxiliares.  Here is the rundown:

Isabel: A history teacher at my school, we sit around for an hour and talk about traveling a lot. She asks a lot of questions, a lot of which are about grammar and I don't know how to answer. But I think she's getting better and I'm learning just as much as she is. 

Begoña: A French teacher at my school. She has been teaching herself English for 2 years, which I am thoroughly impressed by.  She also speaks fluent French and Euskera (Basque). Seriously, we are slacking on foreign language in the US.

Adriana and Marina: 7 and 5 year old girls, respectively. We sing songs, we play games, and do girly things. I enjoy working with them because it's a change of pace from my adults/high school students. Also, I think their English is better than some of my students at school. Also, their mom is really cool. 

That's all I have for now. I might add a couple more, but I like my schedule and my estudiantes at the moment. 


                               Here are some cool things I've seen this week: 

Cool house in Portugalete, a suburb of Bilbao

Bermeo, on the coast

Out for Elvira's (our roommate) birthday

Originally published 11.19.10

No comments:

Post a Comment