Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Rain in Spain Falls Mainly on Bilbao

Halloween in Bilbao with my roomie, Amy


It's been raining for the past 3 days, and the forecast predicts that it will continue to rain for the rest of the week. I will entertain you (and myself) by sharing random information about my life here in Spain.

  • I rarely use my cell phone, and almost never text. 
  • As a "teacher", I have a key to the elevator. Will I ever use this key? No. 
  • I eat waaaaaaay healthier here than back home. Lots of fruits and veggies. 
  • If the Basque Government doesn't pay me soon, I'm going to start teaching improper English. Scratch that, I'll only teach them Jersey Shore English. Once the kids start using words like "smush" and "GTL", they'll have no choice but to pay me. 
  • There are some libraries in Bilbao where you cannot check out the books. This baffles me. 
  • Almost every time Rosa, a teacher at my school, takes me to coffee during our break, a random person in the bar pays for us. 
  • Ikea meatballs taste the same in Spain-delicious. 
  • No one dresses up for Halloween here. At least no one that is not an American/British expat.
  • Drinking is ridiculously cheap here. A box of wine is 40 cents, an a 40 is around a Euro. Legit. 
  • They have already started putting up Christmas decorations here. 
  • Doner Kebabs are still the most delicious thing I've tasted. Thanks for not changing. 
  • They freak out about saving energy at school, but I can ask for 200 photocopies and it ain't no thang.
  • I can still only understand about 30-40% of what comes out of my Spanish roommate, Elvira's, mouth. 
Originally published 11.9.10

No comments:

Post a Comment