Sunday, March 2, 2014

Confession

I don't miss snow. At all. Not even a little bit. Not even on Christmas.

I don't miss my car not starting, tracking snow into the house, having to drive to work in a blizzard because the mall won't close.

And the cold. Don't miss that either. I don't miss it being so cold that when you breathe in, your boogers freeze. I don't miss walking to class when it's -20.  When I see pictures of people back home in the snowstorms and all bundled up, it makes me cold inside.

I've become one of those people. You know, the people that complain when the temperature dips below 50. I wear 3 layers, hat, scarf, and a jacket when it hits 40. It was 50 degrees the other night when I went out, and I brought a coat.

I am more than content with the mild winter weather of Bilbao. I like getting a little sun in January. I like going to the beach in February. It's been almost 70 all week, and I am loving it.


You can keep your winter sports, keep your snowdays, I don't care. Screw real winter, this is the good stuff.

Originally published 2.7.12

No comments:

Post a Comment