Sunday, March 2, 2014

I'll Be There for Youuuuuuu...

When I was younger, I used to think about when I would get to have my "Friends" Thanksgiving. As in the tv show, "Friends". The year where I would not be with my family and have to cook the Thanksgiving meal on my own, with a group of good friends, and have countless shenanigans along the way.

Well, yesterday I had my first "Friends" Thanksgiving. While no one got a turkey stuck on their head or made a trifle out of beef, it was still one to remember.


I was impressed how "American" our meal was, complete with turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, gravy, and salad. And for our first time cooking many of these dishes, they were delicious.

And the shenanigans, while maybe not sitcom worthy, were hilarious in their own right. Such as, packing a backpacking backpack full of food to take to Graham's apartment in Etxeberri (the last stop on the metro), and Andrew bringing a pineapple in lieu of apple pie. It was good to have a little bit of home in Spain, and even better to have great friends to share it with.

The fam :)

Striking similarities, aren't they?


Originally published 11.28.10

No comments:

Post a Comment