Sunday, March 2, 2014

Modern Family

I love Modern Family. I recently finished watching every episode to date.

 The writing is ingenious, the casting flawless, and I don't think there has been an episode that I haven't laughed out loud at.

But these are not the main reasons that I will now religiously devote 21 minutes of my life every week to it.

The reason is this: it reminds me of my family, but not in the way you might think. I obviously don't have 2 dads, nor is my mother a Colombian bombshell. I don't live in Southern California, and I can only wish that my wit was as sharp as the characters on the show.

But, the first couple times I saw the show was with my parents. And now, when I watch it here in Spain, I remember, from the episodes I did see, what parts they laughed at. And in watching the episodes I haven't seen, I just know what parts they did laugh at.

So not only do I find the show hilarious (an excellent reason in and of itself to watch it), but it helps me feel a little closer to my family. And when you're 4,153 miles from that family, that can make all the difference.

Originally posted 1.16.11

No comments:

Post a Comment