Sunday, May 11, 2014

Galicia: Another Successful Road-trip

In December, a few friends and I rented a car and headed west to Galicia. On our way, we stopped in Oviedo, in Asturias (Vicky Christina Barcelona anyone?), which quickly became one of my new favorite places in Spain. 

As for Galicia, I had been there a few years ago, but this time I got to explore more places, and was very blown away by everything we saw. The weather wasn't amazing-it was Galicia in December, to be fair- but the food was delicious, and the sites were worth trekking through the wind and rain to see. 

Fabada, traditional Asturian dish-SO good!

Oviedo

Woody Allen statue in Oviedo

Our hotel, complete with it's own island, in A Coruña

A Coruña-the dates in flowers are changed every day. 

Tower of Hercules

Santiago de Compostela

I don't think you can take a bad picture of the cathedral

Pontevedra

Originally posted 1.20.14

No comments:

Post a Comment