Sunday, May 11, 2014

Wrapping It Up in Greece

We ended our trip by taking a ferry ("The Flying Dolphin", to be exact) from the bizarre-ness of Albania to the island of Corfu, Greece. I had previously been to Athens when I studied abroad in 2008, and was excited to see the islands I had heard so much about.

I cannot think of a more perfect ending to our trip. We stayed in Perama, a sleepy town not far from Corfu City. Our hotel was amazing, overlooking the Mediterranean, with crystal-clear water that we snorkeled in every day. I'm not going to lie, we didn't do much. We ate, drank, and lounged on the beach. We narrowly avoided starting World War III with our Russian neighbors, who didn't take too kindly to us hanging out on our balcony after dark, but aside from that, it was relaxing and a great way to finish up our trip and our years in Europe.

The view from "The Flying Dolphin"

View from our hotel balcony

Walking across the Mediterranean to get to Corfu City

Very Grecian!

Ready for another day of snorkeling!

I think I read at least 3 books whilst in Greece-gotta love having a Kindle. 

View of our hotel from a restaurant

Salad topped with feta...amazing!

Originally posted 10.23.12

No comments:

Post a Comment