Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Latest

Apologies for slacking a little on the ol' blog. It happens, you know. I've been busy. I've recently become an editor over at TravelSexLife, which is definitely keeping me on my toes! Other than that, I've been closing out my second year at IES Bertendona, and wrapping up my life here in Bilbao. More on that later, but here's a glimpse of what's been keeping me busy these last couple weeks. 


While they may not have won either of the copas, we still went to the streets to support Athletic!


My friend Will graced us with his presence, all the way from the big city of Madrid. Of course, we showed him the classiest of times by taking him to Art After Dark at the Guggenheim Museum. 


Birthday party/going away party for Bryce kept me busy for some days. It's so haaaaard to say goodbye...


The English teachers at my school took me out for a fabulous lunch at Bascook. If you're in Bilbao, I highly recommend this place! They have a great menu del día for 22 euro, which includes 2 courses and a dessert. Some of the fanciest food I've ever eaten in my life, I think. After two years of working with these ladies, it was sad to say goodbye, but I'm hoping some of them will make the trip to visit me in the States!


El Buho: El Mejor Karaoke de Bilbao, where we spent almost every Thursday night, belting out everything from Celine Dion to Juanes. There are definitely some good memories at this place, and it wouldn't have been half as fun without Fernando, our favorite bartender/duet partner in Bilbao. 


When weather permitted (which it didn't very often, to be honest), we headed to the beach. Hopefully there will be a few more beach days before I head to camp!



We've also been planning our next and last Eurotrip. We'll be headed to Germany, Italy, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania,  Greece, and possibly Bosnia-Herzegovina. It could be one of the most epic trips we've done, so stay tuned to hear more about that, as I'm sure I'll have lots of tales to regale you with upon its completion. 

Originally posted 5.29.12

No comments:

Post a Comment