Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pays Basque

On Monday and Tuesday, there was no school, which gave me a 5 day weekend. Holla. I, along with 8 other friends, rented 2 VW Polos and headed up the coast into French Basque Country. 

We rented a cabin at a resort in Ondres, and it was ridiculously cheap. It was about 100/person for everything: lodging, cars, gas, food, and entertainment. Amazing!

 We went surfing, and took daytrips to Biarritz and Bordeaux. With the exception of Piper getting mildly assaulted in Bordeaux, it was the perfect weekend. The weather couldn't have been better, there was no drama, and the food was amazing (of course). 

I think the pictures can say it better than I could. 

Our cabin in Ondres

Biarritz

Yup, still in Basque Country


Can you believe I had never tried a macaroon before this trip? 

Sunset on the beach in Ondres

Cathedral in Bordeaux

Sunset in Bordeaux

Obligatory Halloween party



Originally published 11.3.11

No comments:

Post a Comment