Sunday, May 11, 2014

Ohboyohboyohboy!

I have mentioned in previous posts that I will be going home for Christmas this year- my first time on Wisconsin soil in about 15 months. That´s the longest I´ve ever been away, and the closer it gets, the more excited I am to get back. 

Here, in no particular order, are the things that I am excited about:


Seeing my family. Duh. While my parents, brother and sister came to visit in March, I haven´t seen my other sister since September 2010





Eating Chipotle/Buffalo Wild Wings/Mexican/Arby´s/Pad Thai/Acoustic Cafe/Caribou (I´ll probably spend most of my time eating, let´s be honest)

Beer that is not San Miguel or Cruzcampo
This is a microbrew. They do not exist here. 

Grocery stores that are open past 9:00 pm. And on Sundays. 

Christmas goodies

Actually celebrating Christmas with a tree and presents, not in a hotel room in Malta

Seeing my dog and kitties
Spot the kitten?

Driving (Excited...and a little nervous)

Pretty Lake


One of my favorite places, ever. Photo courtesy of Mary Anderson Harrison

Snow (This surprises me a little. I am no fan of the white stuff)

Watching football on a real TV, not streaming it from Matt´s computer

A Bloody Mary that is spicy and contains a pickle. 
A REAL bloody mary. Photo courtesy of Brittyn Pitt

Playing Nertz, Settlers of Catan, and Trivial Pursuit

Milk and cheese. Of the non-UHT and cheddar variety, respectively



What about you? What were (or are) you the most excited to do the first time you came (or will come) home from long travels?

Originally published 11.9.11

No comments:

Post a Comment