Sunday, May 11, 2014

Indautxu: My Neighborhood

I realized recently that I haven't done much to show off Bilbao here on my blog-so here is a little peek into my neighborhood. 
I live in Indautxu (in-dow-choo), which is in the city center. Almost everything-from my school to the grocery store- is almost literally right outside my door-it's pretty convenient. 

Plaza Indautxu-right outside my door. It might not be the prettiest plaza in Spain, but with the metro right across the street, it makes getting around very easy. Insider tip-there's a grocery store in this metro stop!


The Alhóndiga-my gym, library, and all around cool place to hang out. One block from my flat and on the way to my school. 

With the stadium only a few blocks away, you can be sure the streets will be packed whenever Athletic plays. 
Whoever said Bilbao isn't pretty clearly didn't see these colorful apartment buildings. 

Treat shop! All decked out for San Valentín. 

If you peek down the right street, you just might get a glimpse of the Guggenheim. 





I hope you enjoyed this little stroll around my neighborhood. If you're ever in the area, feel free to stop in and say hi!


Originally published 2.13.12



No comments:

Post a Comment