Sunday, May 11, 2014

You Could Call it a Mini-Chapter

On Friday, I will be trading the sea for the mountains. Trading my time lounging on the beach for teaching Spanish children about subjects and predicates. Trading Basque for Catalán. Trading this incomeless month for a couple more Euros in my pocket.

Thanks to Cat, I've secured my spot as an English teacher for the month of July in the tiny pueblo of Bellver de la Cerdaña, in the Pyrenees Mountains.

 
Photo via Rodmanoly, via flickr
I'm excited for a change of scenery, and a new part of Spain that I haven't explored yet. I'm also excited (and apprehensive) for the challenge I'm taking on actually teaching kids English, instead of just assisting. We'll see how that goes!

This might be the craziest summer on record for me. 2 days after Matt's parents left, my friend Cassie came to visit for 2 weeks. We hit Pisa and Florence for a few days, which was fabulous. Now, she's gone and we have a couple days to figure out where all our stuff is going to live for the summer, pack up, and head to the mountains.

Once July is over, we head back to Bilbao for 2 weeks and hopefully secure a piso for the upcoming school year, then off to Castilla La-Mancha for the last two weeks at a different camp. This summer is going to fly by (it already is!), but it will definitely be one I won't forget.

Stay tuned, I'm sure I'll have many great stories from camp to share with you!
The Duome, Florence

Originally posted 6.29.11

No comments:

Post a Comment